Pub. Date: 11/9/10
What’s in this Special Report?
This 48-page Special Report contains portions of the 6th edition (2006) of Natalie Choate’s book Life and Death Planning for Retirement Benefits (Ataxplan Publications) that were dropped from the 7th edition (2011), dealing with the tax treatment of life insurance held in a qualified retirement plan and the minimum distribution rules applicable to defined benefit plans and to annuities purchased inside IRAs and other defined contribution plans.
The material includes:
- Income tax effects applicable to an employee whose qualified plan account holds an insurance policy on his life.
- Special income tax rule that applies to beneficiaries of life insurance held in a qualified plan.
- The “rollout” of the insurance policy at retirement: What it is, why it is required, and the various options the participant has to deal with his insurance policy upon retirement, including income tax, estate planning, and prohibited transaction aspects.
- What kind of annuity is permitted to be purchased inside an IRA or defined contribution plan, and the minimum distribution treatment of distributions from such an annuity contract.
- How IRA-owned annuity contracts are valued for purposes of income taxes, minimum required distributions, and Roth conversions.
Who Needs This Special Report?
Do Buy This Special Report if: You don’t have access to a copy of the 6th edition (2006) of Life and Death Planning for Retirement Benefits, and:
- Your estate planning client has or is considering purchasing a life insurance policy inside his retirement plan; or
- Your client has purchased or is considering purchasing an annuity contract inside his IRA.
Don’t Buy This Special Report if:
- You have recently attended or are soon going to attend a Natalie Choate seminar where one of the topics is “When Insurance Products Meet Retirement Plans,” because you got or will get this Special Report free as part of your seminar materials.